Monday, May 28, 2007

Jamie's tuna and tomato pasta

Unusually, I cooked on a Monday night so that I have "leftovers" to take to work for lunch for the rest of the week. The dish in question is a basic tuna and tomato pasta recipe from page 64 of Jamie Oliver's Cook with Jamie, which he calls "Jool's favourite Saturday afternoon pasta". Until recently, I had no idea how to cook pasta as a main course, having grown up in a classic "meat and three veg" Aussie household. However, after eating a friend's delicious pasta dishes on a number of occasions, I decided to give it a try, and I am glad that I did. This pasta dish is just one of many in my new repertoire (although I am yet to tackle the challenge of making fresh pasta).

Here is a photo of the finished product:


This is really easy and quick to make (although the sauce needs to reduce for 20 minutes, it doesn't need constant attention). Tuna, tomato, basil and lemon flavours blend with a delicious result. Highly recommended!

No comments: