Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TWD - All In One Holiday (Mini) Bundt Cakes


Last Saturday night, I attended my high school reunion. It was one of those occasions where, almost until the last moment, I waivered as to whether or not I'd go. I wasn't one of the popular crowd at school, and did some regrettable things from time to time as all teenagers do, so I wasn't sure I wanted to revisit memories that I'd locked up and thrown away the key on.


However, I was brave, and I went. And I am glad that I did. It wasn't the ordeal that I imagined it might be, and dare I say it, I had fun. All that angst for nothing!



Tuesday with Dorie
this week is a reunion of sorts, in that I re-made the All In One Holiday Bundt Cake, chosen by our host, Britin of The Nitty Britty.


Having made one large cake last time, I decided to halve the recipe and make mini bundts this time. I used a silicone pan and a metal pan to do this. All of the bundts in the silicone pan stuck, while none of the bundts in the metal pan stuck. Both pans were treated the same, so I am not sure what the story is. However, I do know that I will be sticking (forgive the pun) with metal pans in the future.


As ever, these cakes were delicious - moist, fruity and tangy. It is an absolute keeper of a recipe, and one of my favourite Dorie recipes.


You can check out everyone else's All In One Holiday Bundts at the TWD blogroll. If you'd like the recipe, it will be posted on
The Nitty Britty.

21 comments:

Tammy said...

I loved this cake too. I have some mini bundt tins which I think I have only used once, I must dig them out!

Amanda said...

I read that from someone else about the silicone pan, how odd! I made this a few weeks ago and mine stuck, so I bought a new bundt pan on national bundt day LOL I am making it again tomorrow, hoping it doesn't stick!

Jules Someone said...

I can never get a silicon pan to work the right way! Love those minis.

Pamela said...

I've read that others have had problems with the silicone pans in the past. Guess I will stick with metal. I made minis, too. Great for the freezer. Glad you enjoyed the reunion. :o)

Finla said...

I love those mini budn't, looks so so perfect.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm tossing up whether to go to my HS reunion or not! I think I'll be debating with myself up until the night! lol

Hindy said...

Love your mini-bundts! I plan to make this recipe again over the holidays because I only got one piece and forget what it tasted like.

Unknown said...

Love the mini-bundts--they look terrific! Silicon's dont work for me either!

Flourchild said...

Im so happy you went to your class reunion. I think we all feel the way you did about it!
YOur mini bundts look fantastic..what a great idea to make minis!
This recipe is a keeper..

natalia said...

Ciao ! Lovely cake and I'm glad you enjoied the party ! Mine stuck too in the silicon pan (but the shape it's too fancy) Baci !

Ivy said...

The mini cakes look beautiful. I couldn't find the recipe though.

Palidor said...

Awww, those mini bundts are adorable! Glad you had a good time at your reunion.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

These look great! I love your mini bundt pan. I need to find one around here....

Anonymous said...

The minis look great! I just ordered a mini bundt pan which should be arriving soon.

I'm glad that your reunion turned out to be fun. I have one coming up next year and I'm pretty sure I'm not going.

Romaine said...

Have never tried the silicone pans--thinking now that I won't.

Your little bundts are so cute and user-friendly.

margot said...

What cute mini Bundts, this one is definitely worth repeating. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about silicon bakeware, enough to make me not want to try it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion!

Anonymous said...

I have never tried silicon pans. Always anxious about putting plastic inhigh heat.

Susan said...

I like your minis. I baked this last week and it was so good. I may have to try minis next time.

The Caked Crusader said...

There is something so cute about mini bundt cakes - they're so sweet!
I have a mini bundt tin but I've never used it....wish I could say it was the only tin I'd not used but.....

isa said...

Your minis are so adorable! I loved this cake too.

TeaLady said...

Good idea to make the minis. Eat a whole one alone and not feel guilty.

Glad you enjoyed your reunion. they usually do turn out to be better than expected.