Friday, December 16, 2011

FFwD - Potato Chip Tortilla



French Fridays with Dorie this week involved making a Potato Chip Tortilla.  That's right - instead of chunks of potato, we used crushed potato chips (in my case, barbecue flavour).

I have big chunks of onion in my tortilla because I cut my hand while making this and couldn't use the knife properly.  I used chives as my herbs, because I have managed to keep a pot of chives alive for around three months - a record for me.

This was nice, but definitely not healthy - perhaps why it was nice.  I served it as a side with a healthy stir fry.

To see what the other FFwD participants thought, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website on Friday US time.  

9 comments:

Flourchild said...

Woah I have never heard of a potatochip tortilla. It does not sound fat free :)

Lauren Hairston said...

Hm. Potato chips aren't the first thing that come to mind when I think of French food. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat a single one the entire time I was in France! I'm glad it was tasty, though. Although, potato chips are pretty darn tasty anyway!

Sorry you cut your hand! It hasn't happened to me yet, but I've definitely had some near-misses.

Cher Rockwell said...

Oh no! Hope your injury wasn't too serious and you are well on your way to recovery.
Interesting take using BBQ potato chips.
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your hand! I hope it's better now. Your tortilla sounds delicious with barbecue chips!

daisy@Nevertoosweet said...

lol definitely gonna try making these potato chip tortillas and using them to bribe my nephew :P

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

these sounds lovely.. and very creative too. thank you for sharing this and have a nice weekend.

Kayte said...

The guys love munching on chips during ballgames, I have completely missed this recipe going through the book, I will need to try this for them soon. Yours looks delightful...and yes, not healthy but you managed to give it a healthy partner!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe as strange as this sounds, I've made it too and it's delicious! :D

Anonymous said...

This looks really good! Too bad about your hand; I hope it's healed.