Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WWDH - Apple and Dark Chocolate Wontons


For this week's Wednesday with Donna Hay, Chaya has chosen Apple and Dark Chocolate Wontons from Donna's website.

These little packages are pretty straight forward - sandwich a pice of apple and a piece of chocolate between two wonton wrappers, brush with melted butter and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius:


Dust the finished product with icing sugar to serve.

These wontons tasted nice - crispy on the outside, soft and gooey chocolate contrasting with the tartness of the apple on the inside.  It was my first time working with wonton wrappers.  I have heaps of them left over, so I hope to make some pot stickers with the remainder.

To see what Chaya, Kayte and Margaret thought of these wontons, visit their websites,

6 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh I like the sound of baking these! :D

Kayte said...

Well it looks like you had success and enjoyed them. It was fun making them once, but probably not a repeat...although by the end of the evening the guys did eat all 7 of the chocolate ones. I ate the butterscotch one and I liked the filling the best...probably just me being jaded expecting a nice little pasta dough with a great filling so I was a bit disappointed in the whole wonton wrapper thing. Fun to try new things, though.

TeaLady said...

Not a fave here, but the filling was nice.

What size wontons did you have?

Chaya said...

I have made many things with wontons. The ones that are fried are the best but as I keep repeating, I am trying to avoid frying.

A few times during the year, I get wontons and experiment. These were not close to the best but they were eaten.

Johanna GGG said...

yum - and I liked them even more when you said they were baked - baking is less of a challenge with wanton wrappers than steaming or frying

Kari said...

What a great idea! I love the sound of these, and how easy they would be to make.