Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WWDH - Thai pork with noodles



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I chose Thai pork with Noodles from Modern Classics Book I.  Although I am no expert on Thai food, I would call this a larb dish.

I really liked the crisp Thai flavours in this dish of pork mince, onion, chilli, lemon grass, lime juice, brown sugar and fish sauce with vermicelli noodles.  (I skipped the mint.) I would have liked some Asian greens  to serve with it, but unfortunately I did not have any.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought, visit their websites. 

6 comments:

Margaret said...

All I can say is, it was different.

Blond Duck said...

Here, the Thai pork is fried pork skin! Gag!

Chaya said...

This looks good. I haven't made it yet. I went to the store to get what I needed and forgot the chicken and lemongrass. Don't ask what I was thinking. I am going back to the store and hopefully will do better. It is busy even on vacation time.

yummychunklet said...

Great looking Thai dish!

Kayte said...

Finally got it posted today, so you can have a look if you like. We really liked this recipe, and would definitely make it again. As a matter of fact, I might make it this week again as I still have Thai chilis and lemongrass in the frig. Great choice by me, Gaye!

Sarah said...

Ah, I actually made this for dinner on Monday! It was tasty and I really liked it. I served mine on lettuce and my husband's on lettuce plus the noodles. What a nice, refreshing meal.