Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spiced Nuts



Continuing on the great Christmas cookoff, today's treat is spiced nuts, made using this recipe from Taste. 

Of course, you don't really need a recipe for spiced nuts, but I always worry that I will be too heavy handed with the spices if I don't follow one.

These nuts are just devine - I didn't have paprika so I used half a tablespoon of cayenne instead, and it was just perfect to me.

The spiced nuts are super easy to make and a great treat for parties or to put in Christmas treat boxes, which is what I did.  If you like your nuts with a bit of kick but not too much, these are for you.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

2paw said...

I know people who would like these, I might give them a go!!

Kari said...

I discovered spiced nuts relatively late in life (basically, in the last year!) so I always like a reminder to make a batch and ideas for seasoning combinations. These look great :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Mmm they sound like the Nigella union square nuts which my father is addicted to! He asks for them every year for his birthday :P