Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WWDH - Pickled Carrot

It's Wednesday with Donna Hay, and this week Sarah has chosen pickled carrot from Donna's website.

This was pretty simple to make, but I was glad I had my mandolin to chop the carrots.  I didn't have plain rice vinegar so I used black vinegar, and it seemed OK to me.

I ate these with Jamie's Sticky Chicken Chinese Noodles, and it made the perfect accompaniment.

To see what Sarah, Margaret and Chaya thought of their pickles, visit their websites.


Blond Duck said...

I never know you could pickle carrots!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm scared of my mandolin but it comes in so handy at times! :D

Kari said...

I didn't know you could pickle carrots either (or at least, I never thought about it), but I love the idea!

Johanna GGG said...

love the photo and the idea of pickled carrots

Sarah said...

Your little matchsticks are very cute. I used my julienne peeler--my new favourite gadget.