Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cherry tomato and sweet chilli jam


I had a punnet of cherry tomatoes left over from a blog project, and wondered what to do with them.  I am not a person who will eat cherry tomatoes as a snack, and it is definitely not salad weather here at the moment.  As I also had a lonely chilli in the fridge, I thought that it would be wonderful to make some jam with the cherry tomatoes and chillis.

After a quick search, I found this recipe for cherry tomato and sweet chilli jam.  I loved how super easy it was to make, and I just reduced the proportions to match the quantity of tomatoes that I had.

The end result was a lovely jam to eat with cheese and crackers (as the recipe suggests), or to serve with beef or other meats, or even spread on a sandwich with vegetable or meat fillings.  

6 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

While I was out in the garden today I actually started to worry about how I was going to use all the tomatoes that are just a promise in a flower at the moment. I absolutely LOVE the notion of making Cherry Tomato and Sweet Chili Jam, Gaye! I will definitely be checking out that recipe.

Thank you so much for sharing, Gaye...Sending Salad weather your way, lol...

Kari said...

I always think I will eat cherry tomatoes as a snack, and then somehow they get overlooked in favour of other snacks (you can guess what type!) and at the end of the week I make myself eat the whole punnet in two sittings. It's not ideal. This jam will be a great alternative!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It sounds delicious and really versatile too! :D

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Love this little jam, I bet it is delicious. I make a roasted tomato, garlic and olive oil and that is wonderful, will try this! Happy week-end to you!

Cakelaw said...

Happy weekend to you too!

Kayte said...

Okay, this is one I am going to make today...yes, today! This looks fabulous and I can think of a million uses for cherry tomato and sweet chili jam. Thank you. Again, thank you. :-)