Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Honeyed Brussels Sprouts


I am not very inventive with the way that I cook vegetables as side dishes, so my interest is always piqued by recipes that advise on simple yet tasty ways to cook them.  Karen Martini recently fit the bill with a recipe for honeyed brussels sprouts, an adjunct to a brined chicken recipe.

Basically, you roast the brussels sprouts for 35 minutes, then drizzle over some honey and roast for another 10 minutes.  Simple!  I didn't roast a chicken - I just made the sprouts.

This is a tasty, fuss free way to cook brussels sprouts, and I will definitely be making it again.

 

6 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I love Brussels Sprouts! Sometimes when I'm watching TV or catching up on blogs I have a bowl of roasted sprouts right by my side. I'm even growing them in the garden this year:) (fingers crossed:)

That touch of honey would probably make them oh so sweet and delectable. I must remember to try that next time. Thanks for sharing, Cakelaw...

Olivia @ mademoiselleinsydney said...

I wasn't fond of brussel sprouts when a kid, but grew to like them. Plus, I love anything that has honey in :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I've got some Brussels sprouts and I should make them like this. It sounds simple but rewarding :D

Kari said...

I too am pretty low key with vegetable side dishes, and am always delighted when I see simple ways to make them more exciting. This one definitely fits that category! These sound really lovely.

Johanna GGG said...

this sounds really good - it reminds me of my mum putting honey in vegies I didn't like as a child (including sprouts) which never helped - though now I like the vegies I think I would love it

Kayte said...

Oh, be still my heart, brussels sprouts are my favorite green vegetable of all time...these look wonderful. I have never had them with anything sweet on them before, but I will try this...it is brussels sprouts season here as luck would have it. Nice photo.