Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WWDH - Zucchini and ricotta frittata



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Chaya chose Donna's Zucchini and Ricotta Frittata.  I made a third of the recipe for two servings.

I don't have a broiler, so I had the delicate task of flipping the frittata in the pan to brown the other side.  As you can see, it got a little mangled in the process, but it still tasted fine, of course.

I actually liked this way more than I thought I would.  I had visions of it being very eggy, but the cheese (I used cheddar instead of parmesan) and ricotta really lifted it and made the frittata creamy rather than eggy.  I would make it again, and perhaps add other veges.
To see what  Chaya, Sarah, Kayte and Margaret thought of this dish, visit their websites.

6 comments:

TeaLady said...

It was good, wasn't it. I used fewer eggs and it still came out just fine.

Sarah said...

Wow, flipping it seems like a challenging task. It turned out really well for you! I also really liked the creaminess of this. I love ricotta! Great choice.

Ivy Sew said...

This looks so appetizing and tempting. Thanks for sharing and thanks for dropping by. You have a nice day :)

TeaLady said...

PS My pics are up now. I forgot

Chaya said...

I just pulled my zucchinis out to start mine. Shame on me. Yours looks like I want it to be. This is my kind of dish and I am glad that it is creamy rather than eggy.

Kayte said...

I did make this one and it was every bit as good as I had anticipated. Yours looks delicious...I just need a fork and for you to move aside!! :-)