Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cheesecake topped brownies



My final birthday afternoon tea post relates to something chocolatey and delish - brownies!  In this case, I made brownie bites with cheesecake topping from p146 of Nibbles - 100 Sweet and Savoury Finger Foods.

These little bites are just the ticket for someone who likes their chocolate - and they are very simple to make.


To make them, you will need:

125g butter
200g dark chocolate
220g sugar
3 eggs
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping

180g cream cheese 
75g sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 165 degrees Celsius, and grease and line a 27cm x 17.5cm slice tin.

For the topping, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth, then add the remaining topping ingredients and beat to combine.  Set aside.

For the brownies, melt the butter and chocolate together over a bain marie. 

Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and creamy.  Mix in the chocolate mixture.  Add the flour and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.

Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin.  Spoon the cheesecake topping over the top of the batter and spread evenly.  Using a knife, cut through the mixture at intervals to create a marbled pattern.

Put the brownies into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.  Cool the brownies in the tin, then cut into 1 inch squares.  Serve  and enjoy.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Wonderful dessert. Catherine

Johanna GGG said...

they are just my sort of brownies - sounds delicious and perfect for birthday celebration

~~louise~~ said...

Oh my word, Gaye, I need one of those little bites right now. Heck, who am I kidding, I need a whole bunch of them now!!!

Thank you so much for sharing...I really need to pin these. My granddaughter, Tabi, will dive through the screen, lol...

Anonymous said...

Damn delicious sweet bites!!!
worth to try recipe, great job my friend...

Kathy said...

These look and sound luscious! A wonderful celebration dessert!

Kari said...

I perhaps shouldn't have looked at these at breakfast time ;)

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, I love brownies with a cream cheese frosting - which I could have tasted one of these treats of yours!

Kayte said...

I have made many kinds of brownies over the years (guys love them) but I have never made or seen a cheesecake topped brownie before. I read through the recipe and I think I can do this easily enough so marking it to make for the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays at the end of the month. Thanks...they look like something that will be much desired and appreciated!