Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WWDH - Spinach, Fetta and Almond Risotto


Our Wednesday with Donna Hay pick this week is from Chaya, who selected Spinach, Fetta and Pinenut Risotto, available online here.

I had no pinenuts, so I used chopped roasted almonds in their place.

This risotto was a cinch to put together, as all of the work is done by the oven,  and tasted really good.  I served it as a side with some pan fried chicken:


To see what everyone else thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the Wednesdays with Donna Hay website.

11 comments:

Pam said...

It looks and sounds good to me, Gaye. Bet the roasted almonds were really delicious with it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am loving this risotto. This looks amazing

Chaya said...

I was thrilled to make this in the oven. It cut down on the work. I forgot the nuts but that is me. Yours looks yummy with the added nuts. Next time - I must remember.

yummychunklet said...

Looks good and really healthy!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like a delicious vegetarian risotto! :D

Kayte said...

Oh, yours turned out very nice. I'm a believer that Risotto CAN be made in the oven. I would serve this to guests, so much easier than babysitting it on the stovetop. Definitely a winner.

Sarah said...

Ah, with almonds would be amazing. I will likely try that another time since pine nuts are so expensive. I love your meal all in all.

~~louise~~ said...

Risotto in the oven? Now that's my kind a dish, Gaye. Love the ingredients in this dish too. Yours looks yummy:) I never have pinenuts in the house. But, I always have almonds!

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

yung@foodyoo.com said...

I like this, it is so simple. Easy dinner, just add some sausages, a completed meal with meat, veggies and rice. :)

Kate @ foodiesagenda said...

Love love love risotto. This looks like a winner. Def will give this a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration

TeaLady said...

I loved that this one was baker rather than stirred. So much easier. I bet the almonds were just as good as the pine nuts.