Monday, August 3, 2015

Chocolate Dump-It Cake


I recently found a recipe for a Chocolate Dump-It Cake in The New York Times.  Although the name is not very attractive (it refers to the fact that all the ingredients are dumped together into one bowl), it certainly makes a very tasty cake.

The recipe called for a tube pan; as I don't have one, I just used a bundt pan instead.  I also opted for a chocolate water icing rather than ganache on top.

I think it looks very pretty:


Here's a peek inside:


If you are a fan of chocolate cake, this one is definitely worth a shot.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I've never made a Dump It cake, but yours sounds terrific! And the bundt pan worked beautifully.

Anna @ shenANNAgans said...

'Dump It' cake sounds amazing. I LOVE this concept. And I actually really love the name too. It's fun! Well it made me smile! :) I need to buy me a bundt cake pan, and I am totes making this beauty stat.

Kari said...

Dump It cake sounds really amusing but making things in one bowl is a concept I get behind! (In fact, my own latest recipe is just that - I also made muffins featuring chia seeds drawing on inspiration from your recent ones :) ).

Johanna GGG said...

nothing like a one bowl chocolate cake and it looks so pretty in your bundt tin