Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Apricot Slice with Lemon Icing



I really enjoy the ABC program, Kitchen Cabinet, with Annabel Crabb, a journalist.  For the uninitiated, the show each week comprises Annabel visiting a different politician for a meal.  The host cooks the main course and Annabel always brings dessert.  Recently, Annabel released a cookbook called Special Delivery, which contains lots of delicious recipes (savoury and sweet) that you can transport to share.

For absolutely ages, I have had my eye on the Apricot Slice with Lemon Icing in Special Delivery, the recipe  for which Annabel attributes to her friend Wendy's mother.  I highly recommend getting your hands on a copy of Special Delivery, but if you can't, an admirer of Annabel's work has posted the recipe here.




What's not to love - dried apricots plumped up, butter, coconut, sugar, flour and almonds make up the dense, cakey slice (that's a bar cookie in the US), and it is topped with a dead simple icing of icing sugar and lemon juice.  Annabel reckons it's even sturdy enough to post.

I'll be taking note of this one as a future quick and easy crowd pleaser.

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This slice looks great! It looks like it has a wonderful texture to it :D

Kari said...

I don't know Annabel Crabb but I'm pretty confident I'd like this!

Kayte said...

Full of all those good things and topped with lemon icing, what else could you ask for?? This looks delicious...and fun, which is always good in a dessert, right? Do these things travel through the mail, say like maybe 27 countries away? No? Oh, okay. Sigh.

2paw said...

Oh thank you, and for the link too!! So simple, but so good. I know my mum will love this too!!