Saturday, February 4, 2017

Jamie's Super Food Family Classics Round Up


I recently acquired Jamie Oliver's Super Food Family Classics, having been enticed by his TV program.  The recipes are a bit hit and miss, but here is a roundup of the ones that I have tried to date.

At the top of this post is the chicken korma, cauliflower and brown rice.  This dish held much promise, as I love a good curry, but this one was disappointing.  It ended up being quite bland, and not a dish that I will be repeating.

Next up was the pasta agrodolce with sweet peppers, salted ricotta and basil:


This dish was very tasty.  I loved the raisins and pine nuts in among the vegetables (red onion, red and yellow capsicum).  This one is a keeper.

 Jamie has some good tray bakes - this one is the chicken & chorizo tray bake with peppers, sweet potatoes and spuds:


I think the saltiness of the chorizo was a little too much for me, but I otherwise enjoyed this dish.

There was also the Mango Teriyaki Salmon with Brown Rice:



That one was pretty good, and it had lots of lovely green veggies in it.


Finally, there was Jool's Tuna Pasta Bake: 


I found this one a little too funky for my liking.  Maybe it was weird because instead of leeks and fennel, I used onion and broccolini (as I couldn't get leek or fennel).  In any event, it was rather offputting, so it would be reappearing at my place.

So there you have it - my round up from Jamie's Super Food Family Classics.  There were some hits and some misses, but overall, I think the recipes were good.

4 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

your meals look very appealing - I keep hoping that one day Jamie will put out a veg cookbook - if so I will be in

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like a mixed bag. The salmon bake does look great and I love the amount of veggies in it too! :D I make something a bit similar when I need to feed a lot.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

They all look wonderful---sorry they weren't all a hit. I have a feeling most wouldn't fly around here---though the salmon and chicken and chorizo sound terrific!

Kayte said...

Wow you have been really busy trying out this series! I think it fun to get a book or program and cook a lot from it to really experience what the chef/author is about. It is fun to see the different dishes here.