Sunday, March 25, 2018

Pear ginger and olive oil cake - Honey & Co


I had imposed a semi-ban on buying new cookbooks as I already have so many, but when I saw the Honey & Co The Baking Book on sale (sold as Golden in the US) recently, I decided to buy it. Honey & Co cookbooks have gorgeous covers, evocative writing, interesting recipes and gorgeous photography.  Both of their books have been out for a few years now, but I resisted buying it until recently, and I have not been disappointed.

I have bookmarked a number of recipes to make, but first cab off the rank is their Pear Ginger and Olive Oil Cake.  I decided to make it after seeing a few pear cake recipes around, and pears being quite good and cheap at present.


This cake has a lovely sugary crunchy top studded with pear wedges, and is filled with fruit and spices.  It is a seriously good cake.

The recipe for this cake is also online here, should you care to make it.  I thought this cake was wonderful and urge you to give it a go, particularly if you like pear and ginger.

4 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

sounds lovely - I have been resisting new cookbooks too but it is hard when so much tempation

2paw said...

Oh yum, I love both pear and ginger and my friend’s mum had a loaded pear tree. It also looks very luscious! Thank you.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm going to save this for when we are in the depths of winter and all we have are pears! :D I had never heard of these books before so thanks for the intro!

Kari said...

It sounds like it was worth making an exception for this book. The cake looks lovely.