Tuesday, March 13, 2018

TWD - Apple Weekend Cake



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Apple Weekend Cake.  I made it on Melbourne's Labour Day holiday, when the annual Moomba parade is held.

This is a good, solid, honest cake with chunks of apple and rum and vanilla for flavouring.  It is easy to make and even easier to eat, with the apple giving it moisture and texture. It was also a fab way to breathe new life into rather leathery old apples.

I would definitely make this cake again - it is delicious.

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

14 comments:

Pam said...

I love apple cakes like this, moist and with chunks of apple. I have to try it soon! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure we'd find it very easy to eat!

Pam said...

Woo hoo! I just found the recipe in her cookbook, sounds really good! I'm always on the lookout for good apple cake recipes, yum, thanks again!

Mardi Michels said...

This one was SO good :) It always amazes me to see recipes like this that feel too simple yet that taste so good. Like the apple cake from AMFT, this one will stay in my back pocket - perfect for using up apples on their way out...

Johanna GGG said...

sounds like a lovely cake to make on a long weekend!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh saving this for when I need to use up some apples! :D

Truth Serum said...

looks great

Zosia said...

This is my kind of cake...it looks delicious!

The Happy Whisk said...

When I make apple bakes for Tim, he LOVES good chunks of apple in them.

Ei said...

"Good, solid, honest cake" is a pretty perfect description of this one. It was so very much itself, if that makes sense. I loved it, too.

Susan said...

This is going to be my go-to cake when friends come to stay. Super easy and super delicious!

Diane Zwang said...

Definitely a make again recipe.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

this is an honest cake, and one i'll make again, too.

Summer said...

Looks moist and delicious. Yum, it’s my kind of cake too. A definite repeat.

Kari said...

Yum - I love apple cake and this sounds like a winning version. I have a craving for it now, and as it's the weekend, I may just have to try it!